A growing economy in Arizona means more opportunity for all Arizonans. As a former Chandler City Councilman and business owner, Jeff knows what it takes to foster the spirit of innovation and grow our economy.
The sharing economy is growing - and many companies are moving to Arizona because the state has created an attractive environment by reducing regulation and barriers to success.
Jeff is championing legislation and reform to help entrepreneurs and future business owners accomplish their dreams by empowering the private sector and getting government out of the way.
Taxes & Budget
Whether at the City or Capitol, Jeff has fought to lower taxes and balance the budget. Competitive tax rates attract businesses, encourage economic growth, stimulate local spending.
Jeff knows first-hand the importance of a balanced budget, both as a business owner and State Representative. But Jeff does more than just talk the talk - he walks the walk. Cutting waste and reducing regulation helped the City of Chandler avoid service reductions during the recession - and fiscal responsibility at the Capitol will position Arizona for job growth and improve the quality of life for residents throughout the state.
All of Jeff's kids attend public schools. In 2017, Jeff worked to increase teacher pay and put more money directly into classrooms in order to improve our education system at all levels.
Businesses, and the future success of Arizona, rely on an educated workforce - which starts with great schools. Arizona students need the resources necessary to be competitive in the job market.
Arizona is moving in the right direction, but there is still work to be done. By providing responsible choices, diverse learning opportunity for students, and responsibly funding local schools, the state will be well positioned to compete for 21st century jobs.
One of the few central roles of government is to provide equal opportunity for Arizonans by creating safe neighborhoods and communities.
From fighting for resources for the Department of Public Safety and Department of Child Services, Jeff has been central to reforming the child protection agency and ensuring our police officers get more than just necessary equipment - they also received a pay raise. Police officers put their life on the line each and every day and it is important to provide support for them and their families.
All children deserve to grow up in a safe environment, have enough to eat, and provided with the opportunity to succeed. Jeff has fought for vulnerable populations at the Capitol, and also volunteers for great community programs like ChildHelp.
Sponsored Bills Signed into Law
- HB 2149: PHARMACIES; REMOTE DISPENSING
- HB 2150: MANUFACTURED HOME SALES; LICENSURE; EXEMPTION
- HB 2167: ARIZONA COMMERCE AUTHORITY; CONTINUATION; REQS
- HB 2331: STATE LOTTERY; MULTIJURISDICTIONAL GAMES
- HB 2334: LIQUOR OMNIBUS
- HB 2434: FINANCIAL PRODUCTS; REGULATORY EXEMPTION PROGRAM
- HB 2601: SECURITIES; CROWDFUNDING; VIRTUAL COIN OFFERINGS
- HB 2602: RUNNING NODES; BLOCKCHAIN; REGULATION PROHIBITION
- HB 2603: CORPORATIONS; BLOCKCHAIN TECH
- HB 2039: FINDER FEES; APARTMENT TENANTS
- HB 2047: LIQUOR; SERVING AGE; REDUCTION
- HB 2072: MANUFACTURED HOMES; REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
- HB 2073: GOVT DEPOSITS; INVESTMENT; FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
- HB 2145: HOUSEHOLD GOODS; UNLAWFUL MOVING PRACTICES
- HB 2233: HOME-BASED BUSINESSES; REGULATIONS
- HB 2262: MUNICIPAL ZONING; REZONING PROTEST REQUIREMENTS
- HB 2337: LIQUOR OMNIBUS
- HB 2365: WIRELESS FACILITIES; COLLOCATION; RIGHTS-OF-WAY
- HB 2372: PUBLIC BENEFITS; FEE WAIVERS; REQUIREMENTS
- HB 2417: SIGNATURES; ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS; BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY
- HB 2440: STATE FLEET; INVENTORY REDUCTION
- HB 2076: ANNEXATION; SINGLE PROPERTY OWNER; EXCEPTION
- HB 2152: CONSUMER LENDERS; REFERRAL FEES; INSURANCE
- HB 2302: SECURITIES; ISSUERS; WEBSITE OPERATORS
- HB 2303: EXEMPT TRANSACTIONS; SECURITIES REGISTRATION
- HB 2452: CASH ASSISTANCE; ELIGIBILITY; CHILDREN
- HB 2555: JUDGMENT LIENS; RECORDED INFO STATEMENT
- HB 2635: MUNICIPALITIES; TAXES & FEES; NOTIFICATION